Coolum Boardriders represent @ Qld Masters @ Women’s Titles
Congratulations Isabella for taking out the Queensland Open Women’s Title series and earning a spot in the Roxy Pro Trials in 2016. And well done Jaleesa for her overall 2nd in the Qld Womens U18s series. These young women are fantastic ambassadors for our club.
Congratulations Craig, Second in the State masters round 2 today at Coolum.
The last club round was held on Sunday June 1. The weather and the surf looked bleak but a good call was made and the surf and weather came good as the day wore on.
Well done to everyone helping out with the running of the round, especially our judges. Remember if you don’t judge your share you will lose ratings points.
Speaking of club ratings here they are click on the link below. Well done to all members!!!
On Sunday April 6, Domino’s Coolum will be handing over a sponsorship cheque of $10,000 to the Coolum Boardriders Club, who they have been major club sponsors of for the past two years.
Coolum Boardriders is a local boarding club for competitive boardriders that relies on the support of its sponsors to operate. Domino’s Coolum’s store owner, Tim Yervantian, is passionate about ensuring his store does all it can to give back to the local community he not only calls home but relies on for business support.
“I’m not the kind of guy to do things half-heartedly, if I am passionate about supporting a cause I will do everything I possibly can do to help out,” Tim said. “Sponsoring the Boardriders Club seemed like a no brainer for me as the club pretty much summarises the entire Coolum community – sun, surf and a little bit of friendly competitiveness!”
The Boardriders Club President, Daryl Maudsley said that the club is thrilled to have the support of Domino’s Coolum. “Domino’s Coolum have stepped up to support our club in a most incredible way and with their support our club has continued to grow,” Daryl said.
Past President, Honorary Life Member, and current club Treasurer Chris Barraclough said, “Domino’s Coolum have made a greatly appreciated significant financial contribution to our club over the past two seasons. This has allowed the club to focus on the business of providing great competitive opportunities for its members.”
Erica Henderson who works to promote the club said they have all been blown away by Tim’s generosity. “When I first engaged in discussions with Tim I had no idea that he was planning on being so generous! We have worked together to forge a great partnership, Tim listened to the needs of the club and the club works to positively represent his business,” Erica said.
“It’s clear Dominos Coolum have worked hard to embed themselves in the culture of Coolum. I can’t imagine the main street without the wobble boarders and their astonishing dance moves, or our club rounds without Domino’s pizza!’
If you are after more information about the event please call Tim on (07) 5471 7899.
Domino’s Pizza Australia was the first publicly listed pizza chain on the Australian Stock Exchange. With the brand also represented in New Zealand, France, Belgium, The Netherlands and Japan the complete Domino’s group store count now sits over 1,300.
Coolum Boardriders ran their first round of the year last Sunday. Conditions started out pretty ordinary, but the rain let up and the sun actually came out a couple of times. With the surf well and truly contestable at 2 foot, some great surfing went down. Results.
• Open Men 1) Simon Knox 2) Eli Criaco 3) Jimi Wallace 4) Tom Ferguson 5) Kirra Green 6) Davey Wallace.
• Senior Men 1) Simon Knox 2) Matt Martin 3) Jye Gofton 4) Bart Criaco 5) Craig Masters.
• Masters 1) Craig Masters 2) John Green 3) Chris Barraclough 4) Brett Smith 5) Joel Stevens 6) Peter Powell .
• Legends 1) Chris Barraclough 2) Kyle Dellit 3) Brayden Wallace 4) Erica Reynolds 5) Ross Nichols 6) Jeff Prevetti.
• Open Women 1) Kara Peterson 2) Jaleesa Vincent 3) Julia Reynolds 4) Jo Brebner.
• Girls 1) Kara Peterson 2) Kelley Pocock 3) Sophie Gregg 4) Darcee White.
• Juniors 1) Davey Wallace 2) Kirra Green 3) Jalleesa Vincent 4) Luke Philp.
• Cadets 1) Tom M 2) Jack Veale 3) Tom Berryman 4) Jayden Lepitit 5) Jake Murphy 6) Luddy Renolds.
• Groms 1) Aex Nichols 2) Eathen Trottman 3) Joe 4) Scott Mano 5) Carter Quinlivin.
• Mini Groms 1) Josh Hides 2) Jye Parkinson 3) Jesse Parkinson 4) Eli Piggt.
• Mini Grom Rep. 1) Jett Dellit 2) Jack 3) Kai Barraclough 4) Kaiden.
• Mini Groms Girls 1) Ellia Smith 2) Lilliana Townsend 3) Jade Barraclough 4) Niah Lily Stephens 5) Kennedy Strokes 6) Hayley Powell.
• Micro Groms 1) Landen Smales 2) Tommy Rose 3) Liam Prevetti 4) Kodi Dellit.
• Micr Groms Rep 1) Elijah 2) Harry Crokem3) Kianna Effting 4) TaJ Barracough
We hope everyone had a good day Sunday, first round of the year is always a little complicated. Thanks to everyone for helping out and making it an enjoyable day for all. 2. Zane Assink and Aston Pignat ventured down to Tassie for the Wahoo Surfer Groms comp with both the boys winning their respective divisions Under 8 for Aston and Under 12 for Zane as well as getting second paces in their next divisions up, a mighty effort. Zane also picked up Best Tube and maneuver of the contest, Coolum groms ripping. 3. The club AGM ran last Sunday with office bearers being President Daryl Maudsley, Secretary Joel Stevens, Vice President Bart Ciaco, Treasurer Chris Barraclough, Contest Directors Simon Knox, Craig Masters, Chris Barraclough, John Green. Junior Club Captain Kirra Green. Our next committee meeting will be Tuesday the 19th, 7pm at the clubhouse. All members and interested parties welcome.